Changes in 3.5.7
- Release date: 2015-05-14
- Fixed a very bad crasher that prevented the geotagging of photos.
- Embedded libperl.
Changes in 3.5.6
- Release date: 2015-04-30
- Fixed a bug that prevented new XMP sidecar files from being generated.
Changes in 3.5.5
- Release date: 2015-04-15
- Fixes bug that prevented writing to XMP sidecar files.
- Major overhaul of the UI to prepare for more translations; please report all bugs!
- Numerous other minor bug fixes.
Changes in 3.5.3
- Release date: 2014-10-6
- Fixed a crash when deleting tracks and waypoints.
- Fixed a bug that caused occasionally the wrong time zone to be applied.
- Fixed a bug that prevented large numbers (1000s) of photo from being imported.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some NMEA (.log) files from being imported.
Changes in 3.5.2
Versions 3.5.2 and Version 3.1.1 are virtually the same. They differer in the following ways, generally due to Mac App Store needs:
- Mac App Store version is missing gpsbabel and can therefore not be used to download tracks directly from a GPS. This was a sandboxing issue unique to the Mac App Store.
- There are a few bug fixes and lots of code cleanup.
- GPS tracks are now stored in a different spot and will have to be reloaded if they are still in use.
- Under-the-hood the iPhoto integration uses Apple's MLMediaLIbrary framework, rather than the third party iMedia.
- Due to the last piece the Mac App Store version is now compatible with OS 10.9 Mavericks only, dropping support for OS X 10.7 & 10.8.
- Version 3.5.2 added Spanish localization
Changes in 3.1.2
- Release date: 2014-10-17
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.10 "Yosemite" compability.
Changes in 3.1.1
- Release date: 2013-11-07
- Fixed crasher introduced in 10.9 that occurs when manually geotagging a photo to the map.
- Fixed a bug that caused some exporters not to load on 10.7.
- Restored the crash reporter (please send those crash reports!)
- Fixed a 10.9 regression that caused the 'pie wedge' icon for image direction not to show.
Changes in 3.1
Release date: 2013-10-23
Compatible with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks. This version is not compatible with 10.6.
Changes in 3.0.6
Release date: 2013-10-16
This is the last update for 10.6 users! In order to support Mac OS X 10.9, the next version of PhotoLinker will drop support of 10.6.
- Fixed search toolbar which stopped working due to an API change at google.
Changes in 3.0.5
- Release date: 2012-09-05
- Fixed crasher that often occurs when date shifting.
- Fixed crasher that occurs after canceling a batch geotagging operation.
- Fixed crasher that occurs when stepping forward in single geotagging mode.
Changes in 3.0.4
- Release date: 2012-09-04
- Add support for GateKeeper in 10.8
- Copyright status and rating are now correctly enabled
- Fixed a bug where the photo selection didn't correspond to the map selection in some cases.
- Prevent a crash when geotagging to two track points at identical times.
Changes in 3.0.3
- Release date: 2012-05-02
- New maps!
- High resolution USGS topography maps, both 7.5 minute quads as well as 1x2 degree (1:250k) scale maps.
- USFS maps.
- Two collection of historical maps.
- Fixed a crash when saving a metadata template.
- Now remembers last GPS used.
- Minor fixes.
Changes in 3.0.2
- Release date: 2012-04-16
- Fixed a new bug introduced by 3.0.1 earlier today that caused PhotoLinker to freeze after geotagging.
Changes in 3.0.1
- Release date: 2012-04-16
- Fixed crasher for 10.6 users when using Single Mode.
- Selecting a photo from the map no longer selects all photos.
- Selecting a photo from the map after running the slideshow now works.
- Fixed a few other random crashers.
Changes in 3.0
- Release date: 2012-04-09
- Got direction?
- PhotoLinker now lets you add image direction to your photos and displays the direction on the map! Details here
- To try it out, just select a photo, then right-click on the map---or drag in an existing photo taken from your iPhone 3GS or newer.
- You can now also add the latitude and longitude shown (as opposed to created). This lets you distinguish between the where you took the photo, and where the subject of the photo is.
- Improved manual geotagging: drag the photo, drop it on the map, and boom!, you've geotagged your photo.
- Slide show. Present your photos along with a map.
- Export Images. Export resized images that contain all of the correctly formatted metadata.
- Export metadata. Export photo metadata in a number of different formats.
- Support for new GPS receivers.
- Speed. Major speed improvements in reading and writing to photos.
- Exporter plugin protocol SDK is now available.
- 64-bit only.
- Added improved resolution for Bing Maps.
- Zoom the map by clicking on the mountains next to the slider. This zooms in even increments to the optimal resolution of the map tiles.
- Pressing spacebar now activates Quicklook for photos in the photo browser.
- Bumped ExifTool to version 8.85.
- Improved the preferences for geotagging and reverse geocoding.
- New menu options (main and contextual) to support the image direction and location shown tags.
- Supports reading and writing to sidecar files using Adobe's practice of always writing a sidecar for raw files, and never for other images.
- Multiple keywords and people can be added entirely with the keyboard by tabbing to the next cell.
- Added support for PhaseOne IIQ files as well as Sony's SR2 files.
Changes in 2.2.9
- Release date: 2011-05-08
- Added a preference that allows the altitude field to become directly user editable.
- Fixed a crasher with the NMEA importer.
- Added some small tweaks to the google reverse geocoder to prevent hangs when a quota is exceeded.
- Changed the name of TerraServer to MSRMaps.
- Waypoints now retain their size, shape and color after restart.
- Other small bug fixes.
Changes in 2.2.8
- Release date: 2011-02-04
- Ability to reverse geocoding from existing tags. Right-click on the photo or use the Photos menu.
- Support for NRW files.
Major fixes to reverse geocoding, including
- Fixed a bug that caused some photos to not reverse geocode from google.com.
- Major performance enhancements should generally result in faster tagging.
- Properly overwriting prior reverse geocoding results.
- Ability to reverse geocoding from existing tags.
Fixed a crasher with the NMEA importer.
- Fixed the date and time format on XMP sidecar files for the GPSDateTime tag.
- Fixed a crasher when saving changes back to iPhoto.
- Several other bug fixes.
Changes in 2.2.7
- Release date: 2010-11-25
- Fixed bug introduced in version 2.2.6 which disabled writing to XMP sidecar files.
- Fixed crasher introduced with recent changes to google's reverse geocoder.
Changes in 2.2.6
- Release date: 2010-10-27
- iPhoto '11 support added.
- PhotoLinker now tries to add an EXIF header to photos without one (some scanning software create images without EXIF headers) in order to increase compatibility with other software.
- Fixed intermittent crasher while saving to iPhoto.
Changes in 2.2.5
- Release date: 2010-09-30
- Fixed intermittent crasher during saving and geotagging operations.
- Fixed intermittent crasher that occurs while reading and writing from the iPhoto database on multiple threads.
- Fixed several other more minor crashers.
Changes in 2.2.4
- Release date: 2010-09-10
- Additional performance enhancements when saving.
Changes in 2.2.3
- Release date: 2010-09-08
- Improved performance when saving to large iPhoto libraries.
- Fixed several different crashers.
Changes in 2.2.2
- Release date: 2010-06-21
- Fixed a bug preventing photos from iPhoto from being geotagged.
Changes in 2.2.1
- Release date: 2010-06-20
- Fixed a bug that caused the iPhoto Media Browser not to load.
- Eliminated a crash on a malformed altitude tag.
- The location search field now sizes correctly.
- Fixed a random crash that occurs when using the iPhoto Media Browser.
Changes in 2.2
- Release date: 2010-06-18
- iPhoto integration
- Read photos from your iPhoto library with the new integrated Media Browser.
- Read and write tags (including geotags) from iPhoto '08.
- New topography maps for the US and Canada from MyTopo.
- Ability to synchronize metadata sources (image, sidecar, and iPhoto) so all have the same tags.
- A contextual menu for photos to remove, save, synchronize, reveal in Finder, etc.
- Metadata templates are now saved in the Application Support/PhotoLinker/MetadataTemplates folder. This makes it easy to share templates.
- Scroll wheel zooming on the map.
- Support for PNGs.
- New version of GPSBabel.
- Spell checking in the description field.
- Integrated crash reporter optionally sends crash reports back to the developers when the application is relaunched.
- A read/write log (located under the Photos menu) which shows the status of each read and write operation.
- Files with .txt extensions are now checked to see if they're NMEA files.
- Updated Metadata Working Group compliance for the changes in revision 1.0.1.
- Waypoints now show in the Near Photos smart list.
- Latitude and Longitude are now written in a consistent order throughout the application.
- Updates to the tooltips for the metadata fields.
- Fixed some outstanding issues related to setting, shifting and copying date and time tags.
- Fixed the advanced time zone features in the preferences. Regression in 2.1.
- Date and time column in the table view now reacts to a time zone change.
- Geotagging is now consistently undoable.
- Eliminated the option to set tags with only hour precision. While is this supported by the EXIF standard, it is not support by XMP.
- ExifTool key viewer now properly formats array values.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't manually register after the demo timed out.
- A number of crashers were resolved as well.
Changes in 2.1.2
- Release date: 2010-03-01
- Made some fixes and changes to the google reverse geocoder.
- Fixed the "x photos can be geotagged" description in the geotagging console. Regression in 2.1.1.
- Fixed intermittent crashed caused by NSAnimation weirdness related to map zooming.
- Multiple bug fixes to the Date and Time Shifter.
- Changed wording on menu to remove track file from database.
Changes in 2.1.1
- Release date: 2010-02-19
- Fixed NMEA import bug that caused incorrect times to be imported. Note that you will need to remove the track file and reimport NMEA files. Use the File Browser to locate the file, right-click on the name, and select Remove Source List.
- Fixed crasher when loading photos and sidecars with empty original date and time tags (2.0 Regression).
- Fixed bug that caused dates to fail to sort in the list view (2.0 Regression).
- Clarified GPSBabel licensing information.
- Refactored the Track and Waypoint browser and prepared for localizations.
Changes in 2.1
- Release date: 2010-01-22
- Added support for Microsoft Bing Maps, these are high quality international aerial, satellite and road maps.
- Added an address search field to quickly find locations on the map; helpful for manual geotagging.
- Added enhanced date & time shifting, setting and copying tools. Includes support for adding dates to scanned photos.
- Added native support for reading NMEA log files, used by several GPS receivers.
- Added an "ExifTool Key Viewer" to examine the details of the photo read/write operations.
- Added option to automatically move PhotoLinker to the Applications folder.
- Added automatic check for updates.
- Added support for Sony raw formats ARW and SR2 (with ExifTool version 8.06).
- Added preference to not update the file modification date when writing tags.
- Remove the use of the EXIF UserComment (which mapped to Caption) tag per the updated MWG spec 1.0.1.
- Fixed a bug where track distances would be computed incorrectly when the initial points didn't contain a lat/lon.
- Added a tag for the file creation date.
- Fixed UTF8 error when receiving data from google's reverse geocoder.
- Fixed a bug that caused PhotoLinker to hang when selecting lots of photos on 10.6.
- The default map location and scale also automatically sets the default map.
- Fixed an issue related to auto-fit and auto-reveal when using USGS maps.
Changes in version 2.0.5
- Release date: 2009-11-17
- Fixes the track manager database for 10.6.2. 10.6.2 is now required for all 10.6 users.
- Upgraded GPSBabel to the latest beta.
Changes in version 2.0.4
- Release date: 2009-09-05
- Fixed track additional track importer crasher on 10.6.
- Upgraded ExifTool to version 7.89 (genuinely adding support for rw2 and rwl raw file types).
- Added the very beginnings of help documentation.
Changes in version 2.0.3
- Release date: 2009-08-31
- Fixed intermittent crashing during import of track files on 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
Changes in version 2.0.2
- Release date: 2009-08-28
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) support.
- Added support for rw2 and rwl raw file types.
- Fixed crasher when writing to city, state, and country tags in some situations.
- Fixed license validation (and generation) with UTF8 characters.
- Reads the correct DateTimeOriginal tag from NEF files.
- Fixed incorrect reporting of unsaved changes with sidecars.
Changes in version 2.0.1
- Release date: 2009-05-14
- Fixed expiration bug.
- Fixed bug where the app launched in the background.
- Tweak the zoom-to-fit algorithm.
Changes in version 2.0.0
- Release date: 2009-05-09
- Initial release.